Tompkins Cortland Community College

Success & Advising

DegreeWorks at Tompkins Cortland

Planning your progress to graduation

DegreeWorks is a degree auditing program implemented throughout SUNY so that students and advisors can review progress toward graduation. This replaces the “Academic Plan” link in myINFO and is in a much more readable format.

DegreeWorks works for you

DegreeWorks has been purchased by the entire SUNY system and will make it possible to implement "seamless transfer" and improve student mobility throughout the system.

DegreeWorks is easier to use and offers numerous features to help you understand what can be a complicated journey to graduation.


Your worksheet: tracking your progress

The worksheet contains the “audit” of how courses you have taken apply to the requirements of your degree program. It includes courses you have completed as well as courses you have in progress. The worksheet also shows how courses apply to SUNY General Education requirements.

Finding your advisor

The advisor listed in myINFO is your current advisor. If a different advisor is listed in DegreeWorks, that is most likely because you submitted a request to change into a new degree program for the next semester, and the advisor listed will be your new advisor beginning in the next semester. If you have questions about who your advisor is, please contact the Student Success and Advisement Services office at

Setting up a “Plan”

You can meet with your advisor to work on planning for future semesters and to set up a Plan in DegreeWorks. Some students like to plan out their whole degree program during their first semester of attendance, and others like to plan only a semester or two in advance. If you set up a plan with your advisor, you can always revise it later.

Changing programs: The "What-If" feature

The “What-If” feature in DegreeWorks allows students to see how their courses will fit into any other degree program offered at Tompkins Cortland. You must file a Change of Program Request form with the Student Success and Advisement office in order to officially change your degree program. And, you should not change programs without first meeting with an academic advisor to discuss the change.


Dealing with “blocks not found”

The message “Major block was not found” or “No requirement blocks were found” most typically indicates that you are not fully accepted in a degree program at the College. Please email so we can verify your Admissions record and refer you to the Admissions office if needed.

Your elective wildcard, the @ symbol

The @ symbol is a “wildcard” used to specify a range of courses. For example, if you see “HSTY @,” you can take any HSTY elective to meet that requirement. If you see @ @, it signifies that you can take an Unrestricted Elective to meet that requirement.

Courses in progress use the ~ symbol

The ~ symbol indicates that a requirement is in progress in the current semester, or in an upcoming semester that you have already registered for.

Worksheet errors

If you think there is an error in how a course shows up on your worksheet, first speak with your academic advisor to seek clarification. If your advisor agrees that there is an error, you or your advisor should email with specific information about the error or question.

Other Notes

Updates will appear the next day

The student information in DegreeWorks is not live, like other myTC3 systems; instead, it gets updated nightly. Any changes made during the day will show up on your Worksheet the next day.

DegreeWorks, it’s not an official transcript

Your transcript is your official College record, and DegreeWorks does not replace that. DegreeWorks is a guide to assist you as you work with your advisor to plan toward completion of your degree program requirements.