- You must be at least 16 years old to use the facility.
- Obtain a Tompkins Cortland Community College Fitness Center membership card and swip in prior to your workout.
- Dress appropriately to maintain a safe and sanitary environment and protect upholstery on equipment.
- Please have a towel in your possession at all times to wipe sweat off equipment (wash cloths are not acceptable).
- You must wear a shirt at all times.
- Please do not wear jeans or cut-off jeans because the metal rivets on them tear the upholstery.
- You must wear appropriate footwear (sneakers). No open footwear nor boots of any kind are permitted.
- Books, bags, coats, and personal items should be kept in the locker room and are not allowed in the facility. The FSA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Tobacco, gum, food, and drink (except water in a plastic bottle) are not allowed inside the facility.
- Respect the authority of the fitness center staff and respond to their directions accordingly.
- Follow all instructions regarding the proper use of equipment as posted. Use equipment only for the manufacturer's intended purpose.
- Move from station to station at a reasonable speed. Individuals or groups are not allowed to dominate any area of the center.
- Participants who cannot, or choose not to, adhere to the fitness center rules, will have their memberships terminated.
- Persons with open wounds and/or infectious skin diseases are prohibited from using the facility.
- Inform the fitness center staff if you develop a communicable disease. Your membership may be suspended until this condition is cured or in a state of remission.
- Refrain from inappropriate language. Please be respectful of others.
Liabilities and Injuries
There is a risk of personal injury due to the inherent nature of this activity. Each participant assumes the risk for any harm or injuries. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you arrange sufficient health insurance coverage and have a physical examination prior to participation.