Tompkins Cortland Community College

Student Life

Housing Supply List


Tompkins Cortland Community College Residence Halls provide apartment style living including individual locked bedrooms, a shared kitchen, living area and bathroom in each apartment. All but a few apartments house four students. Common areas are furnished with a kitchen table or counter and chairs, sofa (couch), chairs and end tables. All students have a private bedroom with bed (XL twin), desk, dresser, closet and cable connections for TV and Internet. Your TC3 Card is used to access your Residence Hall. There are laundry facilities available in each building. Please refer to the Residence Life Handbook for additional information. Please contact the Office of Residence Life at 607.844.6589, if you have any questions or concerns.

What you will need to bring:

  • Clothes, including coats, gloves, hats (both warm & cold weather items) and boots
  • Pillows, sheets and blanket for an XL twin bed (36”x80”)
  • Waterproof, allergy and bedbug proof zipped mattress cover for XL twin mattress
  • Towels, washcloths, toilet paper, shower curtain and shower curtain hooks, toilet plunger
  • Soap, shampoo and personal toiletries
  • First-aid items and prescribed medications
  • Desk lamp, alarm clock, surge protector, and flashlight
  • Vacuum, mop, broom, iron, ironing board, laundry soap, garbage bags and cleaning supplies
  • Hangers and laundry basket/bag
  • Pots, pans, cooking utensils, plates, bowls, mugs and eating utensils
  • Microwave if your suite does not have one.  Call or email for info on your suite.
  • FOOD – weekly van trips to shopping areas are provided
  • Driver’s license or non-driver ID

Things NOT PERMITTED in Residence Housing:

  • Alcoholic beverages (regardless of your age)
  • Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia (this includes hookahs)
  • Weapons of any kind including paintball guns and equipment
  • Pets
  • Dart boards
  • Candles/incense
  • Curtains
  • String lights (i.e., Holiday or Christmas lights)
  • Space heaters or air conditioners
  • Extra furniture (unless medically required and pre-approved by the director)*
  • Mini refrigerator (students are allowed to have a micro fridge for personal medications)
  • Halogen bulbs, multi-arm floor lamps, multi-wall plugs or extension cords
  • Nails, foam backed adhesive tape or duct tape
  • Hoverboards

Things you may want to bring:

  • Pictures of family and friends
  • Decorative accessories –Use Sticky Tack or Fun Tack to mount decorations on walls. In order to avoid being charged for room damages do not use thumb tacks, nails, duct tape, cellophane (Scotch) tape or any foam backed tape.
  • Computer/Laptop – Campus Technology provides student computer recommendations.  Wireless is available in the residence halls and throughout the main campus buildings.  Bring coaxial and ethernet cables to use the ethernet internet connection also available in the Residence Halls.
  • Microwave (if you live in Tompkins or Cortland Hall or if your apartment in any other residence hall does not already have one)
  • Toaster and coffee maker
  • Car – register with Office of Residence Life
  • Cell phone (AT&T cell tower on premise) and /or land line phone if you plan to purchase optional land line service.
  • Television and coaxial cable - DIGITAL TV Service only. TV must have QAM tuner or you need to purchase one to receive service.
  • Radio, CD or MP3 player
  • Fan
  • Backpack
  • Sports gear

*Students with medical issues or disabilities who may require modification of any policy or procedure in order to have equal access to the residence halls must complete the Special Housing and Dining Request Application. The completed application along with appropriate documentation should be sent to the Coordinator of Access and Equity Services, Tompkins Cortland Community College, P.O. Box 139, 170 North Street, Dryden, NY 13053, fax 607-844-6549. The coordinator, in consultation with the director of residence life and judicial affairs and the student, will make a determination of what reasonable accommodation will provide the student with equal access to the residence halls, its programs, services and activities. A prescription note from a doctor is not generally acceptable for documentation purposes. Call 607-844-8222, ext. 4415 if you have questions about this process.