Job Search Strategies
Appointments with counselors:
You are welcome to make an appointment with a counselor to get started planning your job search. Stop by room 216 or call 844-8222 x 4261.
Counselors can help you
- Work on your resumè
- Decide what employers you may want to contact
- Plan how and when to contact employers and how to gather information that will make your contacts more effective.
- Practice interviewing skills
The CCIC has Books and pamphlets on resumes, interviewing, and job search strategies, as well as employer folders for gathering information
Stop by and browse!
- Job Star Central – Wall Street Journal job search guide
- CollegeGrad.com – job search service for college students and recent grads.
- Job Web Employer Search – Employer information from NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers)
- About Jobs – This site links to four different job search sites.
- Hot Jobs – Operated by Yahoo, this site allows you to search job openings in 30 categories. There are also career tips on topics like resume writing and interviewing.
- Job Web – This site provides career development and job search resources for recent college graduates. The site is maintained by the national Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Monster.com – Jobs are searchable in over 75 categories, or post your resume for employers to find you.