Appointments with counselors
If you feel totally lost, make an appointment with a counselor to get some help in getting started on your resumè. If possible, bring a rough draft of your resumè to an appointment. This will help the counselor see where you are in the resumè development process.
Counselors can help you:
- decide on a resumè style that is right for you
- organize your information to emphasize your greatest strengths
- develop language which will be most impressive on a resumè
- proofread the final version of your resumè to make sure there are no errors
View our resumè e-booklet. Hard copies are also available in the CCIC.
- Job Star Resumès – A Wall Street Journal publication
Instructions for using MS Word resumè template
- Instructions for using MS Word resume template
- On the File menu, click New
- Click the Other Documents tab
- Double-click a Resume Template or Resume Wizard
- If you want to develop a chronological resume, pick a resume template style: professional, contemporary or elegant. Click your cursor in each section to replace the template information with your own.
- If you want to develop a functional resume, pick the Resume Wizard, and follow the directions.