Students at Tompkins Cortland rely on their academic advisors to help them understand and plan their academic careers at the College. Monitoring your progress toward your goals with an advisor is a good way to stay motivated. Research has shown that students who seek out the assistance of their advisor are 30 percent more likely to be successful and stay enrolled in college.
Advising for ESL students
ESL students at Tompkins Cortland will always have Robin Hinchcliff from the Global Initiatives Office as their advisor.
How to Access Program Requirements Master Course Syllabus for any Degree Program
- Browse to www.tompkinscortland.edu
- Select "Catalog"
- Select “Degrees & Certificates” (in left column)
- Choose a specific degree program from the content area
- Scroll down to the “Degree(s)” heading and click on the degree type
- This will provides a breakdown of the courses a student should take for that degree program. A printable version (PDF) is available near the top of the page. You can print it or save it to a travel drive.
- Select the course title (for example: Academic Writing I) to generate a pop up with the course descrption.
- Select the Master Course Syllabus text link to generate another pop up window with a PDF document that you can easily print or save to a travel drive as well.