College Teaching Center Resources
What publications can I find at the CTC?
The CTC has a print and online subscription to the Chronicle of Higher Education
- Finding a Mentor by Mary Deane Sorcinelli and Jung H. Yun, NEA Higher Education Advocate, Vol. 26, No. 5, April 2009. There are sections on:
- Tales from Real Life: Searching for Answer
- Mutual MentoringMutual Mentoring
- Best Practices: Building Positive Mentoring RelationshipsBest Practices: Building Positive Mentoring Relationships
- Issues To Consider: Make Mentoring Permanent
- References & Resources.
- Tips for New Teachers at Community Colleges> by Rob Jenkins, Chronicle of Higher Education, August 17, 2009.
- The Ideal Professor: Student Perceptions of Effective Instructor Practices, Attitudes, and Skills by Valeri R. Helterbran, Education, Vol. 129, No. 1, Fall, 2008.
- Community Colleges: New Environments: New Directions by Kathleen Shaw [HB5 .A2 v. 586 2003]
- Culturally Responsive Teaching: Theory, Research and Practice by Geneva Gay [LC1099.3 .G393 2000]
- Discussion-Based Online Teaching to Enhance Student Learning by Tisha Bender [LB1044.87 .B43 2003]
- Faculty Guide for Moving Teaching and Learning to the Web by Judith Boettcher [LC5805 .B648 2004]
- Fostering Civility on Campus by Judy Rookstool [LC311 .R59 2007]
- From Distance Education to E-learning: Lessons Along the Way - New Directions for Community Colleges Series [LB2328 .N48 no.128 2004]
- Guided Inquiry: Learning in the 21st Century [LB1060 .K84 2007]
- Humor as an Instructional Defibrillator: Evidence-based Techniques in Teaching and Assessment by Ronald A. Berk [LB1027 .B472 2002]
- Keeping Mozart in Mind by Gordon Shaw [ML3920 .S423 2000]
- Ms. Moffett’s First Year: Becoming a TeacherMs. Moffett’s First Year: Becoming a Teacher by Abby Goodnough [LC5133.N4 G66 2004]
- Multiple Intelligences: the Theory in Practice by Howard Gardner [LB1060 .G357 1993]
- Teaching First-year College Students - New Directions for Community Colleges Series [O-SIZE LB2331 .E76 2006]
- Teaching To Be Honest: Championing Academic Integrity in Community Colleges by Karen Clos Bleeker [LB3609 .B614 2007]
Try these suggested search terms to find books in the TC3 Library Catalog: