What's New in the CTC?
Need space to spread out and work?
Want a quiet, relaxing place to chat with colleagues and unwind before your next class?
Remember the College Teaching Center is available.
Also, the following amenities are available for your use: microwave, computers, printers (color and black/white) and a scanner.
Come by and enjoy the cozy lounge chairs and see our new photo gallery, curated by Harry Littell.
What is the CTC?
The mission of the College Teaching Center is to help educators share resources and experiences to enhance teaching and learning.
Contact the CTC?
What does the CTC do?
- Organizes and hosts roundtable discussions
- Sponsors and manages the Professional Development Mentoring Program
- Co-sponsors the Successful Teaching Conference and other conferences on campus
- Houses computers, printers and scanner for faculty use
- Houses publications on teaching and learning
- Provides information on upcoming conferences
- Provides orientation for adjunct faculty
- Provides a place and a space for faculty to converse and interact.
Where is the CTC?
The CTC is located in the Library on the second floor of the Baker Commons.
Who runs the CTC?
The CTC has a Board of Directors which operates the CTC. There are two coordinators - a faculty coordinator and an adjunct coordinator - who oversee daily operations.
This year the members of the Board are:
- Travis Vandeberg – Chair
- Robin Hinchcliff – Faculty, term ends Spring 2013
- Barbara Kobritz – Faculty, term ends Spring 2013
- Danielle Johnson – Faculty, term ends Spring 2013
- Carol Sammis – Faculty, term ends Spring 2014
- Cornelia Rea – Faculty, term ends Spring 2015
- ThankGod Imo – Faculty, term ends Spring 2015
- Michael Emmart – Adjunct Faculty, term ends Spring 2015
- Butch Westlake – Adjunct Faculty, term ends Spring 2013
- Victoria Zeppelin – College Now/Tech. Prep External Representative
- Carl Penziul – Dean of Instruction, non-voting
- Khaki Wunderlich – Dean of Organizational Success and Learning, non-voting
- Bob Yavits – Instructional Software Specialist
- Darlene Gold – Coordinator, 1 year appointment, non-voting
- Patty Buchanan – Adjunct Coordinator, 1 year appointment, non-voting