“TC3 offers so many wonderful opportunities and classes. And there is such
an abundance of support, it’s like I have my own cheering section. Extra help
is there any time I need it. And without the Service Tradition scholarship,
there is no way I’d be able to afford college.”
- Carrie-Lee Buchanan-Pierce, Service Tradition Scholar
- complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and have financial need
- have a record of volunteer service and are willing to devote a minimum of 30 hours each semester to volunteer service.
- have demonstrated academic success (B or better in high school; 2.7 cumulative GPA)
- either have or are prepared to obtain employment for at least 10 hours a week during the academic semester (150 hours a semester)
Students accepted into the program, and who continue to meet the eligibility requirements, may receive up to four semesters of support.
Up to $2,000 a year based on the student's need and financial eligibility.
New Service Tradition scholars are accepted during the fall semester. Some awards may be given for the spring semester depending on funding availability.
You can download the form here or stop in to the financial aid office or TC3 Foundation to pick up a copy. The completed form must be returned by April 15, 2013 for fall 2013 and by November 11, 2013 for spring 2014 to TC3 Foundation, PO Box 520, Dryden NY, 13053.
A unique and prestigious scholarship program for full-time TC3 students that reinforces the value of community service and a strong work ethic as it rewards academic success through a program of financial assistance.
Students must be nominated by an advisor, faculty member, community member, counselor, employer, or College staff.
Students must show:
- financial need determined by federal guidelines and the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- A history of volunteer and/or community service
- Academic success, B or better
- Current employment or willingness to obtain employment