Concurrent enrollment instructors are required to participate in annual TC3 professional development workshops at least once each year.
Professional Development Conference
August 22, 2014
Cafeteria, TC3 Main Campus, Dryden
8:15-8:50 Sign-in, Continental Breakfast
9:00-9:50 Opening Session: Welcome and News From the College
10:00-11:30 Concurrent Session I
11:30-12:30 CollegeNow Appreciation & Awards Luncheon
12:30-1:15 Keynote Address: Melinda Mechur Karp, Community College Research Center, Columbia University "Practice is Powerful: Teaching Students How to "Do" College via Concurrent Enrollment"
1:30-2:40 Concurrent Session II
2:45-3:30 Orientation for New Concurrent Enrollment Instructors
Campus Map and Directions
Keynote Address Details
College is full of unspoken rules, expectations, and standards. Even academically proficient students can falter in college if they aren't aware of these rules--and the challenge is even greater for first-generation college students. Well-designed concurrent enrollment programs can help students understand the behavioral expectations of college and give them the opportunity to practice meeting these expectations, potentially increasing their likelihood of future college success. Melinda will explain why the "nonacademic" aspect of college is so important to academic success, identify key behavioral standards to which college students are held, and discuss why it is important for concurrent enrollment programs to help students experience these expectations as part of their college coursework.
A limited number of stipends are available for those not receiving a district stipend. The amount will be prorated for those not attending the full day. Return the request form by July 11 if you are a requesting a stipend from CollegeNow. You can type all of the necessary information on the form; however, we will need your actual signature, not a typed signature in order to process the payment.
CollegeNow professional development is co-sponsored by TST BOCES School Improvement Services and utilizes their MyLearningPlan system for tracking registration and completion.
Register for CollegeNow Workshops via MyLearningPlan by July 31.
Instructions on registering for a conference or workshop as well as modifying your registration.
Contact Victoria Zeppelin for questions or call her at 844-8222, ext. 4328.
Obtaining A Certificate of Completion
Past CollegeNow Workshops
- Professional Development Conference - August 2013
- Professional Development Conference - August 2012
- Professional Development Conference - August 2011
- Physics and Engineering Workshop - May 2011
- Professional Development Conference - August 2010
- Lighting & Sound Design (COMM) - June 2010
- News Production (COMM) - June 2010
- Professional Development Day - January 2010
- Counselor Professional Development - January 2010
- Professional Development Conference - August 2009
- Photoshop Workshop (COMM) - July 2009
- COMM Concurrent Enrollment Workshop Series - June 2009
- ENGL Concurrent Enrollment Workshop - May 2009
- MATH Concurrent Enrollment Workshop - May 2009