Purpose of Faculty Liaison Program
- To monitor quality, consistency, and curricular alignment of concurrent enrollment classes that are awarding TC3 credits.
- To improve overall communication and encourage dialogue between TC3 faculty and high school concurrent enrollment faculty to benefit teaching and learning.
Faculty Liaison Responsibilities
- Review teacher credentials and Concurrent Enrollment Course Proposals.
- Conduct site visits (May include the following: contacting teacher to set up date/time, travel to school, one period class observation/participation, follow-up meeting with teacher if possible, completion of Site Visit Report Form).
- Review TC3 final exams given in concurrent enrollment courses, where applicable.
- Hold individual meetings as needed with high school concurrent enrollment teachers.
- Design and deliver orientation workshop for new high school concurrent enrollment teachers.
- Design and deliver staff development content/methods workshop for continuing high school concurrent enrollment teachers.
Staff Development Options
In addition to traditional workshops we hope to facilitate the development of online modules that take advantage of TC3's current web course capabilities. These modules would:
- promote communication among high school concurrent enrollment instructors who are teaching the same TC3 approved courses;
- provide an environment for our Faculty Liaisons to post information, resources, and course materials, for concurrent enrollment instructors;
- offer an enhanced level of communication between TC3 faculty and participating high school instructors.
Faculty Liaisons who are interested in participating in the development of an online module please see Karl or Victoria in the CollegeNow office.
- Academic departments select Faculty Liaisons and notify CollegeNow office.
- CollegeNow office provides Faculty Liaisons with concurrent enrollment instructor contact information, forms, etc.
- Faculty Liaison orientation with CollegeNow office.
- Faculty Liaisons begin communication with concurrent enrollment instructors, schedule site visits, submit site visit forms to CollegeNow office, etc.
- Faculty Liaisons complete activity logs four times per year to track work with concurrent enrollment instructors.
Faculty Liaison Compensation
An agreement between the college and faculty association established concurrent enrollment faculty liaison responsibilities and the formula for liaison compensation.
The agreement provides for compensation based on the "index point" system as defined in the faculty contract. The points would be calculated as follows:
- Review of teacher credentials and course (1 point for each proposal reviewed)
- Site visits to participating high schools (2 points for each visit; Note: mileage may also be claimed through the CollegeNow office)
- Individual meetings with high school teachers, as needed (1 point per meeting)
- Deliver orientation workshop for new concurrent enrollment teachers (2 points each)
- Deliver staff development workshop for experienced concurrent enrollment teachers (2 points each)
- Review of TC3 final exams given by high schools, where applicable (1 point per high school section)