The benefits of online learning go beyond mere convenience.
You may find online learning more conducive to your learning style. If you are motivated, disciplined, and enjoy online interaction through social media sites, Email, and other interactive means, then online learning may be ideal for you.
- Attend class anytime, anywhere you have web access. You can fit your coursework around your work and family commitments.
- Access course materials 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Log in any time and access lectures, discussions, explanations, and comments.
- Benefit from student-centered teaching approaches. Every student has his or her own way of learning that works best for them. Also, students who have disabilities may find learning online fits their needs.
- Improve communication skills by using the current technologies that are critical in today’s global workplace.
- Network with classmates from a wide range of backgrounds and locations. Online students often feel that they can actually listen to the comments made by other students, because everyone gets a chance to contribute.
- Access instructors through chat, discussion forums, or course Email without having to wait for office hours.
- Improve your grades. A study from the Department of Education found that students taking online courses outperformed their peers in traditional classrooms. Learning at your own pace and taking more time to read, review, and discuss often results in higher grades.
- Learn innovative strategies for virtual teamwork by using electronic communication to interact with a group. Employers highly value this skill.
- Benefit from a flexible schedule, which is extremely helpful if you are balancing education with work and family.