Fall - January
Spring - May
Date: June 2015
Program Cost Includes
- 13 nights in a local hotel beginning in Ancient Rome, and then four days on the Tuscan Coast and five days in Florence
- All transportation costs in-country, and U.S. to airport
- 27 meals included (two per day)
- Admission to all programmed lectures and activities
- Guided visits to the places of interest
- Health insurance (mandatory)
- This amount does not include passport and visa fees, vaccination costs, tuition, customary gratuities, one meal and beverage per day, any applicable baggage-handling fees imposed by the airlines or entrance/exit taxes.
- Scholarships may be available for qualified students through the TC3 Office of Financial Aid, room 101.
Arrive in Rome for orientation and sightseeing. Travel
north through the countryside to Tuscany, then on to
Florence, all while exploring the culture, art, artifacts,
and architecture of Italy. Experience hands-on cooking
and wine classes taught by world-class Italian chefs
and instructors from the Apicius International School of Hospitality. Stroll the local farm markets, and learn how the “Mediterranean diet” has sustained the people of Italy and become an international phenomenon.
Students may be eligible for scholarships available through the TC3 Office of Financial Aid, room 101.
HRMG 220, 3 credits
International Culture and Cuisine
ANTH 260, 3 credits
Fieldwork in Anthropology
Is chair of the Hotel and Restaurant Management and Wine Marketing Programs at TC3. She has more than 30 years of experience in the hospitality and tourism industry, as well as customer service. Contact Sue in room 220, at 607.844.8222, Ext. 4456 or by e-mail.
Marcia Patitucci Waffner
Marcia teaches International Culture and Cuisine in addition to Food Preparation and Customer Service Courses. Marcia has earned acclaim for her culinary style and her passion for Italian cuisine. She has studied the regional cuisines of Italy and brings her love of the culture and food to her students. Contact Marcia in room 112, at 607.844.8222, Ext. 4720 or by e-mail.