Skip to Content | TC3 mobile

TC3 Home | Campus Info | Directory | A-Z Index | myTC3

Financial Aid

Begin the finanacial aid process early. A good resource for beginning your exploration of financial resources is Creating Options: A Resource on Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities available from the HEATH Resource Center.

If you are sponsored by a vocational rehabilitation agency (ACCES-VR, CBVH), you will need to determine your eligibility for financial assistance from them (e.g. tuition, transportation, adaptive equipment).

If you will need to purchase new adaptive equipment to support your disability needs in college, discuss your need with the financial aid office. The cost may be added to your budget increasing your pool of available aid.

If you are planning to attend a school in New York State, you may be eligible for part-time Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) aid.

In order to be eligible for federal and state financial aid such as PELL, TAP, or a student loan, a potential student must have one of the following: a local or Regents high school diploma, a General Equivalency Diploma (GED), or a satisfactory score on an independently administered approved standardized test which demonstrates "ability to benefit." An IEP diploma is not equivalent to a local or Regents diploma. If you will be receiving an IEP diploma, contact the college to identify the procedures you need to follow to be considered for admission and financial aid.

Start Your Library Research

Search library databases
Launch a search window to begin your research.

Baker Commons News